AIARE Avalanche Education
Colorado Wilderness Rides And Guides is AIARE Avalanche Education Course Provider.
Our next level 1 course is January 10th – 13th. AIARE Avalanche 1 Course – Boulder.
Overview: This a great course for any outdoor enthusiast wanting to travel safely in the winter environment.
AIARE – Level 1 is a 2 night / 2 day 24 hour introduction to avalanche hazard management.
At the end of the Level One course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain;
- Recognize avalanche terrain;
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain;
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue. Price – $325.
- Dates: January 10-13, 2012 in Boulder
- Dates and Times: January 10th (Thursday) and January 11th (Friday) 6 pm – 10 pm indoor classes at Crystals Ski Sports or Colorado Mouuntain Club (CMC) classroom in Boulder. Exact location sent with registration.
- January 12th (Saturday) and January 13th (Sunday) Field days: 07:30 – 4 pm in either Rocky Mountain National Park or Roosevelt National Forest.
- Price: $325 per participant.
- AIARE Level 1 avalanche course, all instruction; and AIARE course materials.
- meals; transportation, personal gear, avalanche gear (beacon, shovel, probe)
Note: we will help arrange for personal gear if you do not have gear. If you would like to purchase personal avi gear, please inquire.
Special / Discount: Refer a friend who registers and receive $25 credit for each referral for the course.
AIARE Course Leader: David Dellamore
AIARE Instructors: Joshua Baruch, (others based on based on total registrants).
Course packet: Given 1st evening of class
Gear List: Sent with Reservation.
Course Size: 6 – 24 (we have a 6-person minimum to run the course)
Maximum Instructor to Participant Ratio: 1 to 7.